Safer Together
[html]
Word Count :: 273Crappy post is crap! Feel free to PP Baird in your post, and then we can give this an OOC ending?

He had been so wrapped up in his own world, his concerns over getting shelter for himself and his companions at the forefront of his mind. He jumped at the sound of the womans voice, his verdant eyes travelling over the pale dapple horse to reach the grey furred woman. He raised a handpaw in greeting, taking her question into mind when he answered. He shrugged his shoulders, eliciting a mewl of displeasure from Pan and a ruffle of feathers from Gelar, "You feel the storm too?" He raised his index finger and pointed in the direction of the nearby pack, "I'm goin' ta ask this lovely pack if they'll take me in. I don't wanna do it, but any port in a storm, right?" He wandered towards the horse and rider, closing the little distance between them. He was close enough to touch horse or rider now, but he refrained, knowing how the tenseness of the atmosphere could affect an animal, making them flighty when they weren't normally. He held out his handpaw for the stranger to shake, "I'm Baird by the way."

He tipped his head back towards the packlands, "I'm sure they won't have a problem with one more weary traveller. Besides, all the packs probably need as many paws as they can get to help out." He didn't even want to consider the possibility that the pack would turn him away, and if they did he knew that he would fare better if he had an able bodied companion. He saw this stranger as a potential friend and companion. "How about we stick together? Strength in numbers an' all that."

Photo courtesy of pierre pouliquin

<style>
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#f7f4a2; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 {background-color:#7e3826; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3848/bairdbyrne2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:358px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread