[J] I'm on a loose train now
OOC: Ah yay, thanks! Big Grin I'd love to participate.

IC:
A few feelings were swirling around in Everly's head as Ulilohi stood before her. There were nerves, of course, but she hadn't done too badly so far in keeping them firmly in check. They weren't squashed completely; for one thing, they served as a reminder that this meeting, however friendly, could alter her life significantly; for another, the slight feeling of edginess came with something a little less obvious, a thrill of sorts which made Everly's sunny eyes bright and curious.

The next notable feeling – or rather, the one which seemed to have settled right beside the combination of nerves and excitement – came from the tall mottled woman herself: strength. It was most obvious in her figure, broad-chested and muscular, with limbs which looked extremely capable. The voice which emerged sounded strong to Everly's chocolate dipped ears too, and not just because it was strongly accented. There was something about the depth or the tone which was reassuring, making Everly's less impressive musculature relax in small sections, although the young woman remained quietly submissive and attentive.

When it came to the subject of contributing to the tribe doubt flashed in the lone wolf's sharp eyes. She had skills, there was no forgetting that; almost a third of her life had been dedicated to nursing the sick and the elderly and whether she truly believed or not, the impressions of the spirits seemed to follow her around. Everly just didn't know if she'd learnt anything since embarking on her great adventure away from home.

Her ears splayed in uncertainty as she gave her reply. ”I'd pitch in where I could. I can hunt or gather in the trees; I like plants, I've learnt a little about them. Some remedies, too. Simple ones – I can't grant eternal life or anything but I can clean and patch up an injury.” The words were rushed but hopefully not complete gibberish. With her determination not to expect anything, Everly hadn't thought a great deal about the specifics of what would be expected of her or what she could offer. The seal point wolf cleared her throat with a slight frown. ”My family seemed to have a connection to the spirits. Mine's not brilliant, my father was teaching me but apparently none of us had the eternal life thing cracked.” Everly's slim shoulders gave a shrug, but the lowering of her eyes and the slight droop of her ears hinted at the real sadness of things unfinished. ”I've got a lot to learn still but I like learning.”

(422 words)

Messages In This Thread