These Dreams Escape Me
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... lity_1.png); background-color:#b69062; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 285px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Be nosy! I encourage it!

25th Afternoon- Evening | Secui | Restless and Hungry

The even tone of his voice conveyed something other than monotone. A message that few even with a trained ear tuned to the Lambda’s harsh tongue would be able to understand. Endearment, if ever there was a demonstration of it from the cold, callous beast. Hard to grasp but worth the effort when it was chiseled from its hard confinement.

X’yrin would smile from beneath her cover but in her pitiful whine was a feigned of disappointment. “And here… I let myself believe you fancied thinking of me in other ways. Perhaps in a way that catered to small things running around. Little teeth and paws driving you mad beyond your senses.” Again she giggled, playing the little flirtatious game but hoping as well that these would be thoughts of her own design would find their way into reality. “But…I suppose I will have to dream…” Her tongue parted her lips then in a tease, wagging mischievously before it was hastily drawn in. Her ears perked up beneath the blankets as she heard him come closer and start to part her refuge. Though the light within the den was dim at best it was still remarkably brighter than the darkness the dwelled in and shut her eyes to spare them the sudden pain of light.

Like a child that did not wish to wake, she pulled free a heavy paw and draped it over her eyes all the while smiling at the pair’s less than professional behavior. But quickly it was wiped from her maw when calling attention to her illness again. As if the pain was controlled by its acknowledgement, a word, she felt the ache of her joints come forth again and shiver from the light damp course the length of her back. “I am… feeling a little better,” she contested the proof displayed by her own body. The slight chill that blossomed to an all out shiver then died down again just as quickly. Thankful for the wild bangs in front of her eyes, she lowered her dark lids to conceal the embarrassment within her gaze. Yet her lips chose to not follow the charade, marring her calm face with a grimace. “But I am more concerned about everyone else. Everyone is eating, yes?” she inquired in worry but already knew the answer. “Perhaps when there is another break, a few could go out and search for more. As you say…it cannot last too long but…if it does…” She needn’t impress her worries upon him, but somehow felt better in having them voiced.

426 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread