but everything still happens anyway
[html]

Me too. ;_;

Cassandra thought she recognized enough rough, awkward goodness in the other woman that she could understand to an extent why her sister was attracted to her, but Vesper's size and scars and the way she had echoed her threat made clear, too, that she did not quite have Myrika's quiet and almost determined innocence. That was surely for the better though. They were not so different indeed. Bitter jealousy and cold resignation burned close together in her chest.

"I never wanted to come here," the pallid woman said, cold humor gone from her tone. Her brow was furrowed, and her mouth and voice was flat. "And Myrika should never have either." She stared critically at the Centurion, wondering if her sister had shared any of what their father had spent so long telling them. Most likely not, especially now that she led them. Cassandra turned away after a pause, giving an odd, one-shoulder shrug. "But she has already made this home, so she'll stay." To her credit, she did not think she sounded too bitter. If Inferni kept Myrika safe, even just for the time being, then she would accept it. "But I won't. I will leave when I heal,

so don't worry. I won't be intruding."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread