under the city lights, i'm sinking
Big Grin It was extremely well written!
I woulda written more but I'm too tired and Mario Galaxy has my attention, heheh. So if it makes no sense... I've been hangin' with Nintendo stars and mushrooms and upside-down planets. 8D[html]<style type="text/css">
.talithatempakumu strong {color:white;}
</style>
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... ttable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She knew only two emotions in that moment: Fear, for the contents of her stomach contained blood and she could feel the gnawing ache already, and dismay, because she knew there was nothing she could do to stop it. The longer she thought about fixing herself, the more impossible it seemed. How could she, someone broken, fix herself? A broken log couldn't repair itself any better than a broken stone or broken toy, so how could one expect a broken child to pick up her own pieces? She fell again, not so far from the small puddle of saliva and blood but a little further than she had been before, unable to compose herself for a second try. Someone had to find her, and someone had to save her. Someone had to help her pull herself together.

She didn't see Corona approach, with her eyes pressed against her knuckles and her forehead against the sandy ground. They were surrounded by little shrubs, but the true grasses were further from there. Talitha stuck close to the shore, generally, choosing it over anywhere else because she felt safer on the sand. She didn't hear the coyote either, but the hand placed on her back caused a large, distrustful shudder to work its way up her spine. She didn't have much strength to do anything else but feebly growl — if Andre had come back for another round, he would kill her doing it. The faint whine that slipped into her ears next, however, was very different from the guttural sounds that the other Lykoi had made before, and she looked up slowly with her wide, sick eyes.

Corona didn't look like anyone she knew. The coyote was golden, haloed by the sunlight, as if she wasn't even a coyote at all. Confusion laced a thin pattern across the gaunt face of Talitha, who was very obviously not well and had a dark tincture to her eyes that wasn't normal. They were no longer a bright, bloody crimson; they were the colour of dried blood sitting in the sun. Corona's eyes were a perfect opposite, shining blue and motherly, as if it was all the coyote could do to keep from saving everything in sight. Perhaps that wasn't the case, but she was in no position to wonder. A thin hand lifted feebly to touch the other's cheek as she visibly relaxed, and then Talitha fell into the woman.

She smelled like Gabriel, but only very slightly. It was something the young girl would definitely have to look in to if she lived long enough to pull out of her depression. Fresh tears rolled down her cheeks as she leaned heavily against the golden angel, knowing she didn't have long to live if she didn't get food in her system and reckoning that the angel was here to show her that. Either she was being given a last chance to save herself, or she was already gone. Momma, I need you, she whispered feebly into the light fur, speaking not to Corona but, indeed, to the image of Faolin in her head that she hoped she could conjure into existence. But she probably just sounded totally delusional.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread