This town was built by the lunatic [P]arade
He hugged the dark woman tightly, his subconscious noting New Dawn in her fur, and the scent of his mother all but absent. His brow furrowed in thought as she pulled back, her words causing his expression to fall. "I came back and was thrilled at the idea of seeing your mother, but she is not in the lands Tal, I have no idea where she could be, you haven't seen her at all recently have you?" The pale scholar swallowed, his face shadowed.

"Last time I saw mother was about a month and a half ago. She came down to visit me and Myrddin, then we followed her back up this way to visit Noah and my pups. And Sky. I got back home just before the hurricane, was home just long enough to help the pack prepare. The caravan had come up this way, and I'd asked after my family but no one knew, so I came up myself to check on them.

No one knows where she is? Not Zalen, not Noah?"
His ears fell, a fear rising in him that perhaps...

No. He refused to even consider the possibility of her death. She had been the shaman of Phoenix Valley. She herself was a Phoenix, rising from the ashes of her life time and time again. She couldn't die, he refused to acknowledge that. And if she were dying, she would have done it in the way she lived, in your face and unapologetic. If she were dying, she would have demanded an Irish wake, one she could enjoy with music and drinking and celebrating her life, not mourning her death in some secluded corner.

Messages In This Thread