I have to tell you something
[html]

"I'll do my best," he said, sighing. He was glad that she understood. It would be much harder to do this with a leader haranguing him about why he couldn't and coming up with possible political ramifications he didn't want to think about. The people here liked to interconnect everything, it seemed, and that made it harder for people to settle their own issues.

"On the off chance that I don't come back," he intoned after a moment, "I'd like it if Shadowed Sun offered what help it could to a black coyote hybrid named Asphyxia. She has children on the way, and in making sure that no one is going to harm her or them today, I may not be here to ensure the same tomorrow." Figurative, he wasn't fighting Asmodai today, but he hoped she would understand. He was sure that Asphyxia's ties to Inferni would be shocking, but in her he had sensed the impact of culture, not nature. She had quickly turned away from her past when they'd met, quickly turned away from the senseless, race-driven violence. There wouldn't be any trouble coming from her, he knew that much. Having plenty of his mind, and suspecting that Tayui might change her mind about letting him go quietly once she made the connection, he turned to leave. There was much he needed to think about.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread