clouds overhead
[html]

Endymion had a knack for sorting out the good from the bad, and this girl seemed to him like a pretty nice person. The wolf was easy to make friends with, as long as the potential-friend in question was a decent individual and was someone he could get along with. He ended up being nice to everyone, though, and usually let people get away with more than they should. He'd begun to change, however, during his stay away from his home; he had learned to fight a little (while earning scars to prove it) and became a little more insightful to the ways and thoughts of evil creatures. In his eyes, he was on his way to being more worthy to protect his family. What little he had left, anyway.
"I tried traveling once," he stated, wiping water out of his eyes. "I learned a lot, but I also realized that my place was here." On Ashen Mountain, really, but there wasn't anything there anymore, and he didn't feel like explaining the whole story to her. Later, maybe, when he had time to relax and think about something other than the sick men in Esper Hollow. Having this opportunity to talk to Ryan, though, did calm him somewhat. Gave him a peek back into reality and health. Endymion fell silent again, watching his feet sinking into the soggy earth. At the mention of its beauty, he looked up, glancing around at the scenery, and then at the younger girl.
"Isn't it?" he breathed, pale eyes alight. "You should see the rest. Sometimes I wonder if it's as beautiful overseas as it is here." Maybe one day, or in a next life, he would find out. They were at the beginning of the forest now, and Endymion didn't break stride as he entered it, though he was still aiming to keep Ryan beside him. He knew how awkward it was to walk with someone behind you. Or, even moreso, in front of you.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread