you start to wonder why you're here not there
Iskata's sky hued eyes gazed upon the black furred woman before her, the slight smile that played upon her lips was a better sight than she'd seen in a long time. The whispered words from the ebony woman reminded her of another time and another place. Her ears flicked back with discomfort as she thought of how happy she herself had been when her own love had resided beside her.. now far away, beyond death or still alive she wasn't for certain. She smiled softly, "I know.. You dreamed of happiness and growing old together, peace and love.. and yet you're hardly ever really in control of life.." She shook her head and sighed, knowing exactly what it was like and yet there was little comfort she could offer the lady except for words.

Her eyes followed the movements of Asphyxia as she moved out and made herself comfortable, those crimson eyes turned as she spoke of the children to come. She smiled at the thought of the memories of Skoll being the foundation for his children's coming lives. "I'll do my best... I just wish Phoenix was here, he knew Skoll better than I ever did.." The words caught in her throat as she thought about her mate who'd been missing all season. .. the last words the lady said hit her harder though. "I tried to raise my children right.. and my son seems to hate me for that.." She wrinkled her nose as she admitted, "It's not easy for him though.. he was born out of one of the wars Inferni's partaken of.." Her voice was brittle as she shook her head sadly, she didn't want to bring the past to light, but the truth was the truth.. "Asphyxia..you can teach them everything there is to know.. but you can't live their lives for them..." Looking down at the girl she hoped that the dark lady wouldn't hate her for the words she spoke.

Messages In This Thread