into the flood again;
[html]

Aww! *dies*

Sometimes he lay awake at night at pictured her dark and beautiful face before him, listening to his own whispers of "I love you" over and over again. He liked to hear himself say the words, because he actually had someone he could say them to and mean it. Sometimes he held himself back from telling her he loved her, wishing to keep the words special. Hopefully she knew that when he did say so, he meant it with all his heart. Her hand felt warm in his; as the words left his mouth, he could feel her grip tighten. She was nervous... and was she okay?

Her nervousness was apparent in her stuttered words. He didn't know what this meant at first - she was shocked, but was it good or bad? He wanted her answer to be "yes" so much that anything about her expression that might mean something else made his stomach turn. But when he saw her eyes glisten with tears, he knew he had made her happy. "Yeah," Kansas nuzzled her. "Will you... will you be my mate? Will you be mine, Savina?" He did not mean the last words in a possessive way; he smiled as he spoke, finally confident, feeling his happiness burning inside him, waiting to be set free.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread