jackpot.
[html]

Sadly, Skoll couldn't claim much expertise other than his combat ability. It gave him an undeniable edge to be as focused as he was, but in times of peace or low-threat areas, he wasn't worth much. He had been trying to expand, generally just making himself busier rather than cutting into his training time, but that only worked so well. Between keeping himself fed, keeping his body in top form, and keeping himself sharp and his skills honed, he often had no time to attempt anything more than walking and sleeping. His days were often full, and he rarely had more than a few hours to dedicate to the daunting task of learning new words and what they meant, nor even to practice the hobby that Gale had taught him: whittling.

"I'm not sure if I have," he said at her query, though he did listen closely to her description. He had never seen a greenhouse, though it sounded very strange. He knew what glass was, Gabred had almost used a shattered bottle against him in their final battle, one which Skoll had decidedly lost(he was still thankful that Tsunami's distraction had allowed him to escape with his life). "I'll help, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. A house made of glass..." he envisioned a human structure build entirely of glass. He had seen skyscrapers before, he wondered if that wasn't what she was referring to. "I wish I'd seen them before so that I'd know what I was looking for. So, your plan is to find one of these greenhouses and plant your seeds there?" He supposed it made sense, but having never planted nor discussed more than the very basics of growing plants, he was ignorant about most of the details.

The skill-set that Twilight had taught her daughter was certainly strange. She apparently knew a good deal about glass. Knowing Twilight, Skoll had no doubt that her daughter also knew how to defend herself, probably had as much emphasis in that area as her mother thought she could manage at such a young age. Skoll was around her age when he first left StoneTree, and set down his path. He certainly hadn't been as educated as she seemed to be...he'd never seen a human dwelling that young, hadn't known what glass was, hadn't even learned how to fight properly. He had depended completely on his berserk rage that early on...things had changed a lot. He wondered where she'd be five years down the road.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread