It's the science of the soul
[html]

Sorry for the wait and sorry it's so long!!! And ergh! Why have they been so cruel to you? Making you stay for two extra hours?

push it inSoran chuckled slightly at her grandson's reply. It was true, there was most certainly a chilled breeze ruffling through the ebony lady's fur as she sat talking to her daughter and grandson, not enough to make her shiver, though she supposed that a smaller creature such as Salem would feel the cold more than herself or Naniko.

"Yes it is cold today, though don't worry, after winter spring will come around and it will be much warmer" The jade eyed female replied, smiling down at the small boy, he was indeed so like Conri, eager to stick close to his mother and always wanting to know where she was before he ran off to play. The ebony lady shifted her bag higher up onto her hip, the heavy weight of the books making her shoulder ache, her sitting angle awkward for the load she carried. She turned back to add something else to her sentence, to say something to the small boy, to find some way to connect with him, having already decided that she wanted a better relationship with her grandchildren in their early lives than she had had with Khaden and Dhalia... and to some extent Conri, she wanted to know them. But as she lowered her gaze to where he had been, she discovered that he had gone, her head turned, finally catching sight of the boy playing.

push it inSoran watched the small bundle that was Salem as he bounded about, despite her current frame of mind, the current images that plagued her with guilt and remorse, she couldn't help but smile when she saw the small pup playing and racing about. He was so like Conri, so like the pups of Syemv that she had looked after, so full of life, just like Khaden and Dhalia must have been, she wondered if they would have been as full of questions and curiosity as their brother had been, her mind rolled back to Rokus, wondering whether he would have played with his siblings, learnt to hunt, to read, to write. The smile faded from her face again and she tore her eyes away from the playing pup, turning her attention back to Naniko, hoping that the pale girl would have something to say, something to take her mind off of the small red child that she had killed, simply for looking like a perfect mix of mother and father.

push it inThe lady cocked her head to one side slightly as Nani spoke, her ears pricked forwards, the silver hoops glinting in the early morning light as the fae listened. She nodded as nani spoke about the pups, yes that was expected, it often happened that a pup or two would die before they had even had a chance to live, she knew the feeling well... the lady may have had three living children, but she had buried double that number. The lady felt rather touched that Nani and Conri had used her last name for one of their children, even if he had been born dead, especially as her red son did not even bear her name.

“You've kept the mansion? How marvellous, I have always thought it was a good idea to have a large area that was protected from the wind and rain for everyone to stay in. I will most definately come by and see them... what are the other's names? Are they all boys like Salem?” Soran asked, unable to contain her enthusiasm about meeting her son's pups, she had never been accepted by her family when she had been a pup and now she hoped to have a whole new branch of family that she could love and be a part of.

push it inAs Naniko spoke again the ebony lady's black ears flattened against her skull and a soft whine of distress escaped her lips, Conri had left? Surely he would not, especially if he was leaving the lady he was so in love with behind bearing his pups? What had happened, why had he gone? Where was he? She worried silently to herself as Naniko continued to speak, once she had finished it took Soran a moment to realise that there was now silence between them and to formulate replies to the questions she had been asked.

"I have been... surviving I guess you could say, I left because I had to, I did a terrible thing Naniko, and I needed time alone to help myself get over that, I did not go far, I just went down to the old lands, I wanted to visit Phasma's grave, and the pups. I am coping now, and I wanted to come home." She replied, her ears still flat against her skull, her eyes threatening to water as she spoke of the terrible thing she had done. For a moment she sat in silence, before her worries could no longer be contained.

"Oh why did Conri leave Nani? Is he alright? Do you know where he is? How could he leave you alone with his pups? What happened?" She spoke out in a sudden flurry of questions, before gently stroking the pale fae's cheek with a long-fingered hand. "Are you alright Nani?" She added, her eyes filled with concern for the wellbeing of both her son and the pale girl before her, who she had come to see as a daughter.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread