put your hurt on me - p savina
[html]
Her ears still pressed against her head, her tail hung low. Savina's words were definitely a comfort, but the guilt that gnawed at her mind and kept her up at night wouldn't dissolve so quickly. What had transpired in the lighthouse might not have been the most scandalous of affairs, but the feelings that had accompanied her actions had shaken Geneva to her core.

She always had such a tight rein on herself, and when she let go, such horrible things happened. Emotions were volatile things, and she much preferred the control and constraint of logic. Feeling so deeply for Anu scared her - the fact that she was capable of such a depth of longing, attraction, or whatever it was, scared her. She hadn't even felt a shadow of that sort of emotion since her mate had succumbed to illness.

And there was so much guilt. She voiced her thoughts without really knowing why. "I just feel so low, Savina. I betrayed the trust of a friend, of the leader of my pack. Two friends. The worst part is, I remember making the choice. It was me, not the alcohol."

Geneva swallowed hard, this time her voice was raw. "And the fact that I would act so impulsive...the fact that I would let myself feel that way so soon after Jordan died...I just--" She shook her head again. "There's no excuse for me."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread