two paths
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... itable.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Is DaVi serious? XD Jefferson, adopting?
.... -kind of squees at the thought of Papa Jefferson- ^^~~
Also... This is my new favorite thread... it just got so much better... DaVi and Jeffer threads are my favorites... ^^

DaVinci sunk a little at Jefferson's remark--the first that he'd ever seen the silver-furred male do, actually. Normally, DaVinci was more than happy to argue or remark something witty back to Jefferson like some sort of brother-like rivalry, but the hybrid instead frowned and turned away. Jefferson didn't regret his words. He never regretted much of anything, really, but he didn't regret a joke. He didn't tell enough of them for them to be regrettable. But the one-eyed brute did frown and think over his comrade's response. Jefferson had never heard the story about DaVinci's personal life, the creation of his children, or the whereabouts of their mother... the thought hadn't occurred to him, but now he was struck unusually curious for the concept was especially tender for the normally easygoing and responsive DaVinci. He kept his trap shut then, as DaVinci moved on to explain his mother's mental condition and past, which surprisingly Jefferson already had a certain knowledge of. Just as DaVinci was delicate with his kids' mother, Iskata had been about her long-lost, pathetic mate. Jefferson had never understood mateship or any of that crap. Love wasn't his thing, and he wasn't planning on making it his 'thing' anytime in his future.

"That's true; she's proud," he replied, scratching at his chin. He'd known this already, but had just sort of figured that Iskata would bounce back. The brute supposed that her own son probably knew her better than he, and decided he stood corrected. "She's got family here now, though. You, her daughter, her grandkids, and me too, even though it's distant." He wondered if DaVinci knew of that relation yet, but didn't dwindle on the thought long before the bright-eyed nuisance child was suddenly pointed at him, bright eyes and teething face all ablaze. Jefferson gave the whelp a strange, bewildered look; it was the closest he'd been to something that young. He had no experience with pups, and yet, found himself raising his good hand and wrapping his dark fingers around her tiny, lithe little frame. She was so... small, fitting inside his hand like a turtle into its shell. His eye suddenly donned a quiet, intrigued look, and he simply held his arm out stiffly like so in staring at her for a long moment.

"I only have one arm," he said quietly, a foreign sadness in his voice. He couldn't control it, and he didn't even notice it. The brute's attention was carefully focused on the child, wondering if his grip was too tight or if she was afraid of him. He was positive that she would have to be afraid of a cyclops, scarred monster like he. There was no love for a creature like he. "I couldn't even hold her in my arms," he continued, voice in a sad, quiet daze. He pulled his arm a little closer, carefully, and his eye raised to look at DaVinci. It held no pain, no desperation--just a sad, delicate intensity; a side he had never really known, or seen in himself. He did not notice his own behavior. "Children deserve that kind of love... I don't know that I could ever give that to an adult, let alone a... pup." However, he tried to maneuver her closer, holding up the hand of his bad arm within its sling for safety reasons as he managed to balance her on his arm, turning his gaze to softly look down upon her. So small, she was... He'd never known. DaVinci didn't need to know that Jefferson had never had such contact with such a toddler; that was, if he couldn't already tell. He didn't immediately respond to DaVinci's next line, but when he did, his eye quietly returned back to the silver-furred male. His tone of voice had changed, softer than it had ever been, as unintentional as that was. "Inferni? No... I haven't thought about being in any of the other packs in the area. I don't have time to, and, well... I like it here." He didn't usually admit such things. "I have no racism in me. Wolves, coyotes... I don't care. I've heard things about Inferni, and they sound like too much of a hassle to me."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread