I recall the push more than the fall
[html]

Lubomir had never known the hardship of responsibility. He had been sheltered, in a way, by his sister and his packmates. He had never had to be anything but another member of the pack. He had been the bard, the dreamer, someone who participated in hunts when he was needed. But Frigg, with her strength and dedication, had protected him from the wrath of others. In Shadowed Sun, he had had Skoll. So Lubomir could lie back and dream, read and write, drift through life. But now, coming back from his exile, he had to be responsible.

Inferni. Ever the coyotes. It tugged at his heartstrings, because Mew had suffered in Inferni. Lubomir could empathise completely. I know what you must have felt. A good friend of mine was hurt there. She got into a fight with a coyote and miscarried her pups. The male looked away. His angel, how she had hurt. And though he could not be sure of his exact feelings for her, he knew that the rage still boiled inside. Rage. As the female went on to explain, Lubomir's blood ran cold. She was, unbelievably enough, just like him. He walked so close to her he could see every twitch on her muzzle, every shred of light in her amazingly green eyes.

We are not so different, you and I. My lady, I do not readily admit this. I... I believe I can help you with your problem. His voice wavered slightly. Skoll had guessed this, but Lubomir had never admitted it to anyone, ever. But if he could help someone... if he could eviscerate the demon. The small voice in his head laughed distantly, but the male showed no outward recognition. You sense remorse. You are afraid. No lady, you are not a monster. I want to help you. I... I feel it, too. A voice. It calls and beckons and when it wins me over, I lose control. I remember nothing, I feel nothing. I could have killed a wolf. I have done things I regret. I never wish to see anyone go through the same. And in that moment, Lubomir felt himself take responsibility for the female.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread