the ice kept getting thinner under you, under me
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She wanted to leave the room. But she couldn't. She couldn't go back upstairs and have Kansas see her like this. He'd want to know what was wrong. Even though she trusted him, his and Naniko's sordid past still frightened her. She didn't know how he would react to something like this. So she just stood there, quietly crying, trying to pretend she was there. That none of this conversation had even taken place. She just wanted her friend back. She just wanted her to be happy for them.

Ears flicked at Naniko's words. What was wrong with her? Was she serious? Shakily, Savina turned to face the ivory woman. Weepy emerald eyes looked directly into jade ones. "Ever since I told you...about Kansas and I...you've just been so distant. Like you don't want us to be together. When I first told you, I thought that you'd be really happy. I don't know why you feel the way that you do, but it hurts me Nani." She took a breath. She was doing her best to keep a level head, not to speak angrily. "I love him, with everything I have. You know I'm not the type of person to toy with anyone's emotions. I thought that maybe you didn't think I was good enough for him."

"You're my best friend. I just...wanted you to be happy for me, for us." She covered her eyes with one hand, not able to keep her breathing steady anymore. Her other arm wrapped around her waist. She didn't understand why things were going like this. She just wanted them to be like the friends they had before. Had her love for Kansas really messed that up?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread