two paths
He couldn't help but chuckle darkly at the image that Jefferson was granting at Deuce meeting up with any Inferni member at their border. DaVinci had know she'd react thatway but he just had to hear it out in the open to really know what he was getting himself into. He shook his head and just noted that he would have to be smart about this all if the crimson eyed beauty was going to have such a hold on his heart. He wished it was easier than what they had before them but he knew there was no easy road for the two hybrids. A soft sigh escaped his lips as Jefferson went on, trying to find some better ground on the conversation.

He shook his head as Jefferson brought up the fact that he could help, DaVinci really didn't need to get the only other adult hybrid in the pack in trouble with Deuce or Lucifer just because DaVinci was too weak hearted to find love outside the damnable clan that hated wolves with such a passion. He knew that Ryan was nothing like the rest of them but she still was one of them and no matter how he argued he knew her home scent would betray her.. just like his would do the same. "I can't let you get in the middle of this Jefferson.." he said with a murmur as he turned towards Zana who was trying to chew through Jefferson's fingers. A soft smile played at his lips at the sight as he thought of their mother and what she'd given up on.

Jefferson's words didn't help his train of thought as he spoke of Iskata and the accident. DaVinci had kept quiet long enough and he wasn't going to let his mother's 'accident' go down as nothing more that just that. She didn't deserve the disproval and loss of faith she was getting, even if it was just to Jefferson that he opened up atleast the thoughts would be one less on his mind. "She lied to us.." He said gravely as he shook his head, knowing that he was just digging himself in even deeper if he went on.. but he knew Jefferson would want an explaination now. "She hadn't been alone the day she'd been attacked.." he lowered his eyes to his sister's form as he brushed a finger along her ribcage. "I went back there, where you'd found her." Why, he wasn't for certain. He'd had enough rage built up in him to have killed the damn beast that had mauled his mother but he'd never had to get that far, at the scene that had played out before the bear's lair the scent of the other wolf had been enough to explain too much. She'd murmured about accidents and attacks the day she'd been attacked. DaVinci had never known an attack from a wild creature to be an accident.. he knew his mother's ways of covering up.. behing doped up and half dead hadn't made her as excellent liar as she'd believed.

He just shook his head as sighed as Jefferson released the silly puppy who instantly went to attacking her bottle. Rolling the girl onto her back DaVinci suffered the bottle over to her as she began to greedily slurp and squeak over the contents. He flicked his eyes to Jefferson as he admitted. "It would.. but we can't make her give Zana what is rightfully her's.. but we can give her a love she deserves.." He knew he was guilting the other male into it all but he'd caught the sight of Jefferson with the other pups in the past and rather than taunt and tease him about his softer side he's just let it be. They were a lot alike and yet sadly Jefferson seemed to believe himself untouchable.

When his ears were met with the chuckle from the other male DaVinci tossed a handful of hay at the other male and sighed. He shook his head and gazed down at his hands as he gave him the truth. "Her name's Ryan.." It sound so stupid now admitting the whole truth of it all. "Their leader thinks nothing of me, he knows how I feel about her.. and yet because I have children outside our relationship he doesn't want me near her.." He let a soft intake of breath hiss between his teeth as he gave the big secret away. "She's a de le Poer..." He wasn't even for certain if Jefferson knew the blood feud between the clan and Clouded Tears, the crossings between the Sadiras and the de le Poers.. they were all tangled and twisted in so many ways.. and of course he'd find love in the very middle of the briar patch.

Messages In This Thread