Who's this queen of stranger places
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ablebg.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top;">
Mew Sadira

Word count: 456

It seemed that Cwmfen too harbored some natural curiosity, illustrated as she let her fingers fall down on the keys of the piano. The sound that was the result was a mixture of half and whole intervals, and quite dissonant, ringing through the air. If played right even the dissonant chords could be beautiful, but of course now Cwmfen had only struck the tones to hear what it sounded like - the chord had not been part of music. If it had been it would probably have fit better. Mew had only just recently discovered that the "ugly" tones were useful too, after finding some black discs with something called "jazz" on them, or at least some of them were named using that word, so she assumed it was some sort of style. And they used a lot of ugly chords, but it didn't sound particularly ugly. It was confusing, but fun to explore. Giggling as she watched the physical reaction to the sound so incredibly visible in the dark girl in front of her, Mew's hand too rose to her mouth. A truly priceless face Cwmfen had put on!

Well.. I try to. I want to play anything I find, so many instruments make such beautiful sounds. Mew nodded to the femme in front of her, deciding to elaborate. It's not that hard, really, since I'm lucky and can read. There are lots of books that I can learn from, and once you've understood the music language you can play the melodies on most instruments. It was wonderfully organized, really. As if the humans had somehow known that a wholly other species might pick it up one day, and prepared for it. Oh, these are explanations to what tones I should play to do this melody, in the written music language. Going forward and sitting down on the piano chair, she pointed at a note; a small dot with a line pointing upwards through the five lines that went horizontally across the whole paper. This one had an additional little line through its dot, and Mew quickly pointed at the key named C on the keyboard with the other hand. Sitting a little awkwardly, she didn't really pay attention to that at all. So that sign there means "C", and this key is named "C" on the piano, so it tells me to play that tone. And all the other dots are other tones on the piano. Ingenious isn't it? Her tail wagged behind her and brushed the floor every so often as eager green orbs awaited an equally enthusiastic response from the girl. And well, if she did not find it amazing, then Mew wasn't fussed. She was used to not sharing her passion.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread