I try my best to be guarded
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/ ... blebg3.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom">
SWAYING TO THE RHYTHM
OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER

cake"Thank you, ma'am," he replied with his signature smile, holding the spear loosely over his shoulder. Her following words coincided with his thoughts, as he eyed her collarbone and hand; in his head, he wondered if she had been taking the morphine he had given her. It was a wonderful drug for ignoring those things which you didn't want to focus on, mental or physical. Either way, it was irrelevant. She looked much healthier than she had last time they had met. And less hungry, and in a pack. This pleased him, from a purely professional point of view; as he had told her, he liked it when his patients took care of themselves.

cake"Of course not. A new mother has more use for food than I do. And as for your injuries, Miss Phoenix, I knew they would heal because I knew you would look after yourself." She had accepted his invitation, and he turned back, intending to head back towards where he had left off. "I see you've joined a pack; was this the one you mentioned previously?" As he walked, he spoke, his voice quieter now to keep from disturbing the silence too much. His nose was to the air, eyes somewhere else, distant and dark behind his glasses; a part of his mind was wholly separate from their conversation, focused on thoughts of the hapless animal they were to bring death to.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread