I sunk below where I swore I would never go
[html]
*fail*

He tried keeping the cloth to her skin for as long as he could, readjusting it so that a fresh area touched her skin when one became soaked with blood. Fortunately, the bleeding stopped quickly, in time for her to wrap her small, thin arms around him, so that the bloody blanket fell away. He felt her body trembling against him, his chest dampening with the moisture of her tears. The reason for her failure to follow Naniko's intructions nearly tore him in half. She'd put herself through that for him. He didn't understand.

They'd talked about what had happened before. She'd apologized, but he hadn't been willing to listen yet. He let himself brood, dwelling on the idea that he might, after all, be to her what he'd initially feared. A sorry excuse, a wuss without a backbone. And that was why she didn't want his help. Perhaps she was right—he may not have been able to smooth things over with Hybrid. But he would have tried. For her.

Her hands dug into his fur as if he would materialize into thin air at any moment. Kansas wrapped one muscular arm around her, using the other to support them. He rested his chin on her head and let her say what she wanted, sobs still racking her slender body. "No, Savina," came his quiet response. "No, I just want you. Please don't say... things like that." Something like this wouldn't compromise his love for her; not a chance. "But... I just want to know... I want to know why. I would have helped. I would have tried, Savina."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread