I'm just a normal boy.
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
Hah. Phoenix has been my only character in the two years or so since I started out here.

The adult had no answer for the boy. If Glider hadn’t realized it already, soon he would have to learn that grown-ups were not the omniscient beings that young ones believed them to be. Phoenix would provide the Bilder with whatever knowledge he had to offer, but since he had never met his father that was not an answer he could provide. He looked at the boy sadly as he watched him eat. Though outwardly he remained calm, sitting down and watching Glider gourge himself on what was probably his first meal in a long time, his head was an explosion of ideas. He knew he should talk to Iskata first but didn’t feel like he had time. Besides, he knew what she would say. If there was one other wolf that Phoenix knew inside and out it was his mate.

“You’re welcome,” Phoenix said, being mindful about his manners to set a good example. “T’answer you’re question, yeah, I’m kinda like a daddy. But I’m also a real daddy, too—I have pups of my own, same age as you.” Acting on fatherly instinct Phoenix bent down to clean the boy’s bloody muzzle a bit. Satisfied he drew back to look him over once again. “Y’know, b’fore I came here t’Storm I lost my family too. This is a good place t’make a fresh start, an’ make your own family. That’s what I did. If you want, you can stay here. You can even join my family if you wanna. I jus’ lost a daughter. My other children miss her a lot, but I think havin’ a new brother might make ‘em a little less sad ‘bout it. If you wanna, that is.” It was all that Phoenix could do, really. He had no way of finding the boy’s old family and at this point he wasn’t sure if this was the best idea. Here in Storm, Glider would be welcome, perhaps even happy. Of course, it was completely up to him.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread