i got nobody on my side
[html]

cake--

i have come curiously close to the end.

cake"No monsters," Tal repeated the girl's words, making a distinct effort to soften her voice as she spoke. She didn't want Zana to be afraid of her. And she knew it was true, too, what she said; there had been a monster in Inferni once, then he had been kicked out, and then Talitha had watched him die. She still remembered the blood, and the way it smelled, and the way it covered her father's face. This didn't frighten her. If anything, it made her more loyal to the clan. Killing for someone -- now that was devotion, that was love.

cakeThe little lavender-eyed puppy's next words made Tal chuckle, and the grin lingered on her face as she responded. "You can't kill the sand, kid, it's not alive like you an' me are. I just felt like running, is all." Big surprise, running was really all she did these days. She was really getting tired of it. She missed her family. She missed her life. These thoughts vanished as soon as the puppy continued. "Zana Lykoi? Woah, hold up!" What the hell? Who had kids while she'd been busy with her head stuck in the sand? "You don't... I mean, your father isn't... no, that's not possible." Her rambling words came to an abrupt halt as she realised that this child was likely too young to be Andre's. Besides, who the hell would give their kid their rapist's surname? Then again, said the doubt in her mind, if Andre had died in late August and this kid was three months old... "Who are your parents, girly?" These words were more gentle, but the glaring curiosity in her eyes was unmistakeable.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread