If only time flew like a dove
[html]The puppy in question wasn't far away at all. In fact, he was right underneath Naniko and Jaz's noses, almost literally. The sandy-colored puppy lurked beneath the porch, shooing spiders that dropped down in front of him. He belly-crawled beneath the stairs of the porch, having to hold in his laughter as the two adults talked about him. He crawled as quietly as possible, rustling some of the snow on the ground as he emerged from the porch.

He mounted the stairs proudly, with little head held high and a streak of dirt on the side of his muzzle. "I's good, milady Naniko!" he said with a flourish, bowing his head to his queen. He realized that lurking and listening in on the conversation that the Queen and her Knight were having probably wasn't the most chivalrous thing. He hastened to explain his entrance. "I been practicing reconnaissance," he said apologetically. Then he brightened. "I's be getting good, I think, to sneak on Jazper!" He rounded on the big man and his tail began to wag wildly. "I bet one day you can be the squire and I can teach you stuff!" he teased lightly and winked. He really liked the big man. He was learning a lot from him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread