good times, bad times, you know i've seen my share
[html]

cake--

i have come curiously close to the end.

cakeIn this old place of must and dirt, Talitha didn't catch his scent as quickly as she should have. She heard him, however, and straightened up, instantly alert. All thoughts of exploration vanished so quickly that for a moment her head felt empty, then the noise returned, the roaring in her mind that kept her thoughts away from those too-dangerous places. A flood of emotion hit her like a brick wall then; fear and anticipation were the strongest of the two, fear because you never knew when it could happen again, and anticipation because she was so desperate for that chance to prove herself. When he showed himself, this only made it worse. Not only was he a man, but he was a wolf. Fuckin' wonderful -- damn things were always out to ruin her day.

cakeHowever, his words were casual and he, at least, didn't seem unfriendly. That didn't mean much in terms of the future, but for the moment she was safe. Her face was a mask, stony and intense as she watched him with her blood-red eyes. "Hello, boy," she replied in as calm a voice as she could muster. He, of course, was hardly a boy anymore, but ask her if she cared. Inwardly she was glad he hadn't come any closer. Keep your distance, she wanted to say, but different words came out instead. "Is this place yours?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread