dirty deeds done dirt cheap - p Haven
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Haven's exuberance was contagious. It took all of half a second for Lannen's tail to have a life of its own and whack against the tree they were standing beside. It seemed so foolish, but Lannen had never cared about that around puppies. Some might call child's play ridiculous, but Lannen thought it was one hundred percent necessary. There were days when he wished he had never grown any bigger than Haven's size. In those times, life had been simple and good. He had never thought of anything he couldn't see beyond the tip of his own nose. Time had had no meaning.

It had been time that had changed everything for the white wolf. It had taken his body, forced to stretch, forced his mind to stretch as well. Lannen wasn't a juvenile wolf by any means. He knew things, had seen things, and had developed completely into an adult. He took responsibility for his actions, which is what had landed him here, so far away from the home he had known and loved with every fiber of his meaning.

Looking down into the orange pup's face, he thought maybe he didn't feel so lost anymore. Haven didn't look remotely like any of his brothers and sisters, his friends or anyone else had had known, but there was something about him that was also familiar. He could recapture some of his old life here, and maybe he could learn to love it a little. "I'm Lannen," he said. "I come from a tribe over there," he jerked his head vaguely in the direction of AniWaya. "You're a sneak, you know. Do you play tricks on everyone that comes around?" There was laughter in his voice.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread