Like a piece of the puzzle that falls into place
[html]

--

IC/OOC text separator

It was a damned shame that Empusa was looking for answers about anything pertinent to 'Souls history--all that they needed was for Matrix to sprout twigs and leafy foliage, and then the younger coyote would literally be barking up the wrong tree. Matrix frowned slightly as the other spewed off a flurry of information that she was very clueless about. Wolves? Why would the wolves build themselves a fancy little resort only to abandon it? Kaena? Relative? Somewhat mournfully she offered an apologetic shake of her head, and a useless little shrug. Normally, it didn't occur to her that random strangers might be blood relatives of hers. For Empusa to assume these things, there must have been good reason. Poor Matrix--she was so out of the loop that she didn't realise that at least 70% of Inferni was related by blood or marriage.
"I don't think so," she offered cautiously, all the while hating the fact she was so unsure of herself. Situations like these were somewhat unsettling for the typically confident, well-informed girl. Blast it all--maybe there was a need to study up on current events after all, although she really would have liked to not be bothered. "I'm Matrix Thirteen. I'm pretty sure both of my parents grew up far from this area." The more that she thought about it, the more comfortable she became. It wasn't as though she expressed any of this on the outside, though--it would probably only make things more confusing or weird.
"Anyway," she continued, "you seem to know more about it than me already. I haven't been inside... maybe a closer look?" she asked, head inclining slightly to the left. So far, Empusa seemed alright in her book--she really had no idea how magnificent it was to be descended from Kaena Lykoi, but either way the younger 'yote didn't seem cocky about it at all. "Hm," she mumbled as she tiptoed closer to the elusive structure. Maybe if they both went together, it would be "more alright" for them to be there. Her nails clicked across the porch as she reared up on her hind legs to look inside a ground-level window, and she squinted into the building's bowels.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread