Bartering for the life of another
Iskata turned those sightless eyes towards Jefferson as she glared at the male with the words that he granted about her. She snorted and commented dryly. "Yes, I'm nosey. Only because before you became leader I spent my days as your Matriarch performing the same duties you do today." The stolen glare at the male was given up on as she shook her head and tried to ignore the grumpy frumpy nephew of her's.

The stranger began to speak of a member from Dahlia de Mai who had granted him some inside information on the fact that Phoenix Valley kept lifestock and had actually spent the time to collect grains and food for the herd. She wondered why the leader of the tribe hadn't spent her pack's time that summer doing the same, she'd had plans to stick around in the summer when Iskata had spoken to her and yet they hadn't done anything for their herds. She snorted as the male explained everything and grumbled under her breath about how everyone seemed to wait til last minute. Her ears pinned back slightly as she sighed to herself.

The silver and gold woman knew that she really should just turn the whole even over to Jefferson but she'd met the stranger first and she had been the one who had done most of the work during the summer months to make certain that the pack's lifestock would survive the winter. She asked the question that had been on her mind as she waited for Jefferson to push her aside again. "Why didn't Ayegali put your people to work while you were trying to find a new place to settle.." it seemed like the simple solution to her, and it probably would have kept the bored packmates doing something atleast while the older higher ranked members assisted the leader in finding the perfect home for their future. "Just curious.." Iskata grumbled.

Messages In This Thread