tell me something sweet to get me by
[html]
They don't tell you what to say
when your whole life has gone to hell.

Valkyrie looked up expectantly at DaVinci, testing out his name for herself, "DaVincee." She saw the steel colored hybrid glance towards Ryan and instantly the little girl frowned. She was hoping that he wouldn’t notice her and vice versa. She didn’t want to get into any trouble. "I’m Valkree," she said with a big smile. The blue eyes quickly shot to Ryan and discovered her mother still wrapped up in her sewing. She smiled then, at ease for another few moments, and looked back to DaVinci. "D’you like the oshun too?" Of the few places she had been allowed to go, the shore was Valkyrie’s favorite.

Ryan slid the needle into the fabric, pulling it almost subconsciously through to the other side. It had become a rhythm, something that tended to put the young woman at ease. She had stopped her humming and let the sound of the waves lull her into complacency. Yet after a moment, the voice of her daughter carried on the wind drew Ryan’s blood gaze upwards. What she saw made her stomach drop. She knew whom it was without having to clarify. "DaVinci," she whispered to herself. She stopped what she was doing and just watched, conflicted for the moment on how she would proceed.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread