Take a chance
[html]
300+

Eyes shot to his mate's face to get a confirmation that she did not believe he had hurt the little thing when he had poked it and make it squeak. Instead her mate turned to the two furry potato sacks and talked to them, making a face as she did so. A brief grin appeared at his face. Piggies, a very good description if he could say so himself. As she lay her head down on her paws, the Lilium took a chance and laid down beside her as he had done earlier, leaving a little gab of space for the child. Firefly was a strong and independent woman, always had been, and despite this fact it seemed she was willing to grant him another chance. He would work on this. The children were unwanted (at least on Haku's behalf), but he wanted to try, wanted to prove to the pack, his mate, and his children that he could do this, that he would deal with what had happened and and make this work.

Her next words reached him, and he kept his gaze on her, aware of the fact that she was not completely trusting of him still. It was no surprise, and he deserved it. He deserved worse, but Firefly was kind and willing to give it all another go. Once they both had believed that things could change, that they both could find happiness and devotion in each other. He wanted the same thing. "Firefly, give me a chance. I want us to be good again. I want us to work." He braced himself, expecting stinging words to be returned. "I want us to be a family." He had expressed everything else but this wish in the past, but his words were as sincere as they could get. His point of view had widened to not only act according to his own selfishness. This was something he now wanted. These two boys were his, and he would protect them with his life both as the Lilium and their father.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread