Round two
[html]

Lysander was surprised to hear the girl’s reply. He had expected anger from the girl, not this. It was almost as if he had broken her. He could almost feel sorry for her. Sighing as she gathered up her bow and arrows, he noted her taking interest in his floor. The other hidden storage areas didn’t squeak, he’d have to fix that one or fill it back in. Either way, there would be nothing for Whinifred to snoop through if she decided to pull up his floor board when he wasn’t home one day. He watched as she moved to the door, and then stopped.

The bracelet dangled in front of him but Lysander made no move to take it, the vibrant colors casting rainbows in the sunlight. “No miss, it’s for you.” He took her hand much more gently than he had ever handle any part of her body and closed it around the glass beads he had strung together. “Truly, ya just caught me on a bad day. What did ya expect, sneaking into people’s houses? Wakin’ them up from naps? I didn’t mean what I said, if ya took any offense to it. Truly.” Truly.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread