thread title missing
[html]
Drawing a hand to her temple briefly, Corona rocked up onto her feet and out of the chair tiredly. Though she composed herself before she stepped out to the open hall overlooking the foyer and front door where the stranger stood, part of her longed to rest and part of her longed to keep going. Always pushing the envelope a little further. “No harm done,” she spoke, spying his silvery body from the moment she had ventured out of the room. Setting her elbows on the banister that ran the length of the hall, she studied him sharply with her gaze and offered him a smile. “And the house isn't private property. It's ours, and by ours, I mean Inferni's. You're welcome to any room here that isn't taken already.” He smelled of the sea; airy and of salty wood, a smell she had not encountered in many months.

“I take it that it was my brother who saw to you,” she went on to say as she tucked a stray bang behind her ear. “I'm Corona, the other half of the leadership here.” He didn't strike her as someone who needed to be told the order and structure of things, but it was worth being said just in case. Better safe than sorry, she thought she had been told once by either long gone parent. “And I'd have to say by the looks of you, you're some seafarer. Not that the smell doesn't tip me off, but it's been a while since I've come across a salty dog. What brings you here?” Uniqueness of profession aside, he was unique in appearance as well. Typical build of a coyote, also built for the high tide and rough waters, but she noticed the mismatched eyes and the black blaze.

Interesting genetics in that one, no doubt.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread