just below the radar
[html]

Words: 300+

Well, if anything, he certainly was a charmer.
Her small paws turned inwards as she ducked her head shyly, not fully understanding the intent behind his words. Coli was not a girl accustomed to compliments of any sort; Alexey herself had made a comment to that effect. "L... Little lady..." she squeaked, hiccoughing a small giggle. "Perhaps... that is suitable... compared to you, at least..." He was, after all, a sight larger than she was. Oh dear, was she supposed to reciprocate a nickname? "Big man" hardly seemed affectionate, and "handsome stranger" wasn't the most likely phrase for the introvert to blurt out. "But... without formalities, I suppose... simply 'Sankor' would be best." She felt her terra-cotta furred ears droop, hoping she had not spoiled this friendly wolf's game by her lack of imagination.

Hesitantly, Coli took a step forward, almost tripping over herself as Sankor leapt up to encircle her. She hadn't expected the deep mahogany-furred Koios to move so suddenly, and it made her treacherous heart lurch violently in her chest. She blinked rapidly, trying to compose herself. Obviously, he wasn't going to attack her or anything; why had she seen the need to shrink away from him? Surely he was already wishing he had not offered to walk alongside her. She wasn't the best company, she knew. Heartbeat still pounding behind her ears, she took a shaky breath, trying to meekly reply. "Th... that is a relief, friend Sankor. It would make things uncomfortable had I tr-truly stumbled atop you-! I... I would appreciate your company, for as l-long as you are willing to offer it. Although surely one s-such as yourself has other obligations within a p-pack this large..."
Family, friends, rank, she knew the drill. It was why Cercelee had still not sought her audience, despite their history together. It was why Haku had been so blissfully scarce around town, avoiding her and Deuce like the plague. Was Sankor someone concerned with garnering rank? She could not tell. He just seemed interested in forging friendships - a pleasant pastime, if one she was incapable of.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread