Sharks in the water
Really sorry for delaying when we were on such a roll, guys. I suffered a shanghai and my family consumed my entire evening.

PS: Sorry! I forgot DaVinci was in halfling form...assuming that puts him midway between his unshifted form and his fully shifted form in terms of mass, Brennt really wouldn't be much bigger than him. I've adjusted my post to reflect this.

The predator sensed the presence of the newcomer before the moment of impact, and was able to brace itself before the other male barreled onto the scene. The collision wasn't something it could easily shrug off, and its jaws were drawn out of the female by the sideways force applied, even though it was slightly more massive than the taller wolf. The pack guardian was well within its abilities to kill, but this new figure sought to confront it now, and it wasn't certain how invested it wanted to become in an escalating conflict of that variety. A wolf pack would kill it, something it understood well.

Nonetheless, for the present, it would sink its teeth into any flesh the new adversary presented, rending and tearing all within range of its jaws. As it did, it pushed forward, and with its superior bulk and lower center of gravity, shoved its new enemy away, far enough that it had a few moments to back away. Though it wasn't supremely intelligent, it wanted its back to be clear of enemies. It believed the white wolf was nearly done, and might even permit the new wolf to fight it alone, but even if that were the case, pack wolves were beginning to join the fray, and it needed to begin making its escape.

Having its first good look at its new assailant, the creature weighed its chances against DaVinci in a one on one confrontation, and thought that at the very least, it could protect itself from the newcomer. Nonetheless, the situation was more complicated than that, and without any food or mates to defend, it wasn't worth the possible threat of more coming. A fighting retreat was in order, though that by no means meant the bloodshed was over.

Messages In This Thread