just a stone in the path
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

It seemed that somewhere along the line (most notably when she'd run up to trot along beside him), Gaël reached some sort of breaking point with the child. Fortunately, he wasn't the type to lash out in anger one way or another, so as some sort of idiotic alternative, the boy instead stopped in his tracks, sighed, and fell belly-first down onto the ground. Placing jowls on his crossed forepaws, Gaël stared forward irritably, a childish pout adorning his face and a slight, testy twitch at the tip of his tail. She introduced herself, at which his turquoise pupils slid over to her and a single word blurted out of his mouth, blunt: "Gaël." He doubted she couldn't even pronounce it, and once she figured out she couldn't, would proceed to mock him about it one way or another.

For a moment, Gaël wondered if getting eaten by bright-eyed vagrants and his two siblings counted as "fun", and though the concept was actually considered for a time, she continued blabbing and eventually drew his attention away. They were similar, in a way; his first birthday was nearing and his days were summarized easily by the constant scouting and searching both he and his siblings did daybreak to dusk each day. Of course, this wasn't exactly a comforting notion, that he and little Zana were somehow similar. "No, I am staying right here now. I do not want to help you." A snort and aversion of the eyes. "Last time I help, you make fun of me."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread