Gonna go Home
[html]

Despite her sister’s submissive posture Adelaida recoiled and momentarily thought of fleeing. Part of her had been hoping Alexey would show up, but now that it had happened she was terrified. The words Alexey had spoken were as fresh as ever in her head, and Adelaida imagined she could still feel the blow Alexey had dealt her. At least now it felt against that the wind was knocked out of her. Pickles was forgotten and he merely stood between the two, holding his little rodent breath. Yet Ade stayed, lowering herself instinctively to the ground, ears falling into place against her head. She could lie, not this time. Alexey already knew, she was just waiting for a confirmation. I-I’m leaving.

Adelaida swallowed hard and looked away, she didn’t quite understand. Alexey had not, for the first time in a long time, greeted her with harsh words or accusations. Still, the past few months weren’t just washed away and the bitter taste of Dahlia de Mai was on her tongue. She had tried to work it out, for Sankor and for Alexey even, but she was just past that. Past caring for anyone, least of all herself. I’m not sure where, maybe to mom… Katanka would always take in her wardway children, but maybe it would be doubly pathetic, Kata mourning for Fyodor still and Adelaida mourning for herself. They would make a messy pair.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread