This Pulchritudinous Solitude
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

He did not seem to respond to her touch. She did not know what manner of reaction she had been expecting, but the absence of one altogether was almost intriguing to the warrior’s mind. The warmth that radiated from him spoke of life, and yet his stillness spoke of Death. Such dichotomical properties could not be dismissed by the black fae, and as she lingered she could not help but allow her mind to explore this state. When she had felt his touch that night of the Long Nights, he had been alive to the extent that his touch had burned her skin, relinquishing a sensation that her body had often sought. But today, that fire did not exist, and she wondered at it. He seemed somehow different, though the female could not discern in what way he seemed to be so. And she could not decide whether the change was simply in respect to his response to her or whether it was a change in the entirety of his mind. But it was not this with which the female contended; it was whether this change were a good or bad thing that she tried to discern.

His words made the warrior pull away from him. The white orbs looked into those blue eyes, but she did not detect any hint of remorse for his severed relationship. She did not expect to find any, for she knew that he was a creature that did not waste time with things he saw unfit. And so she did not say, as she had noticed was customary, that she was sorry for that fact. But she wondered at it again. "The night you took me," the soft alto began, as if deciding that he needed that explanation, "I was partaking in an ancient ritual—a coming of age rite of passage that I did not have the chance to do when I was within my homelands." That, of course, was only half of the purpose of the Long Nights. "When you found me there, the it had been bidden by the gods for me to accept a male." The white eyes considered the Lilium as if realizing that this may have been irrelevant; she did not think that he believed in the gods; she herself was not overly religious, but she did pay her rites. "But knowing your customs, I did not return so as to respect that relationship." Then again, Haku, too, had resisted her touch the night after the New Year’s hunt.

A strange smile flickered across her lips as a woad bound hand settled on the secui’s shoulder. What she said next did not imply that the male suggested anything; she was not even sure why she said it. "You know that I cannot be chained by those customs, Haku." It sounded as if she would say more, but for a great while, there was nothing but silence as she considered those words. Her breathing was soft, interrupted only by the occasional shudder as she breathed away those dull torrents of pain. And once more she could hear the soft sound of the rain against the brittle grass and her own body as if her seemingly incessant voice had drowned it out. The white orbs, having drifted to the world beyond the chocolate male, returned to him. His words were strange, she decided, because even as he did indeed accept her, he was at once rejecting her...even at that very moment. "And yet you do not." The warrior wondered why.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread