metamorphosis
A little bit of powerplay, tell me if you want me to change it. Also, I think Jazper can come in at any time.

The predator's lips peeled back grotesquely, arching near the front, over its fangs. Big and brutish though it was, it ran with a frightening quickness, with a sureness and grace that seemed woefully out of place in such a thick and muscular creature. The puppy's legs weren't long enough to outrun the beast, and it bore down on her with merciless and savage intent. The girl swerved, and monster was carried beyond her with its inertia, but what might have been a jerky miss turned into a glide as the hunter corrected for its overshoot and quickly resumed the chase as if nothing had gone wrong.

A cold expertise appeared in its face, a hunter's focus evident in its eyes, a predator's fearsomeness in its twisted expression, jaws slightly parted, fangs bared, ready to close in and make the kill. The little girl was weaving, but the larger creature closed the gaps quickly, and time was swiftly, inexorably running out. The scent of another wolf was in the air beneath the smell of the ocean, and the predator registered this as it closed in, hungrily seeking the tender meat of its tiny prey before anyone else could interfere.

Messages In This Thread