Alone amidst the waves
ooc: 400+
[html]Her half folded ears perked at the sound of a male's voice fairly close by. The voice didn't sound familiar, so she was understandably nervous. However, when he knelt down beside her and touched her shoulder, the nervous sensations faded only leaving behind her sadness. Sniffling and wiping the tears that clung to her white furred muzzle, the young female did her best to direct her blind eyes towards the male, only succeeding due to the fact that she had pinpointed his location from his voice. "I...I don't exactly know. I was with my friends on our ship and then a bad storm came along. The next thing I knew, the whole ship was rolling and tumbling, tipping dangerously far. I don't even think they had time to try and lighten our load of supplies before...a wave rolled the ship over," she shivered, both from the remembrance of the dreaded memory and the sudden chill that shook her form from the ocean breeze blowing against her soaked slate grey coat.

"The rest is just a blur. I remember my best friend pulling me to the surface---I couldn't even tell which way was up---and then he gave me something to hold onto to keep my head above water. I guess I must have passed out after that because I don't remember how I got here, wherever here is," she sniffed, tears still trickling from her pale blue eyes. She had no idea how she had survived the frigid waters, most likely she had just been lucky. The sound of another voice reached her sensitive ears, calling out two unfamiliar names, seemingly directed towards them. "M-my name is Ruri Aceline," she stuttered, the shaking on her body slowly subsiding as the sun began to dry her wet coat. The fragile girl did her best to remain still, in her curled up position. It had hurt enough moving away from the ocean, with all of the cuts and bruises on her body. She could only guess that she had struck the rocks several times during last night’s fight with the waves. She trying to find something to hold onto that would keep her from being pulled away by the waves. To be perfectly honest she was glad she didn't remember most of her ordeal, otherwise she might feel far more traumatized than she already was. Turning towards the male, her sense of smell slightly recovered, she caught the scent of the alcohol on his breath. "Is that rum you're drinking?" She asked, noting the smell of the familiar sea-farer's beverage. She couldn't help noticing the various scents and sounds around her. They were the only way she could gauge her surroundings.[/html]

Messages In This Thread