just below the radar
[html]

Words: 343

She accepted his evasion, although she was still curious. What sort of things had Sankor been exposed to? Was her own sordid tale and subsequent breakdown the norm, or still an oddity? He seemed to have given up on prying as well, which was a small relief. If he still found her interesting, then maybe there was still hope for her as a person. "I think... maybe it's safer to keep dark things locked inside," she said softly, watching the ground roll slowly away beneath their footfalls. "Letting them out might make yourself feel better, but then it hurts everyone around you. Better to keep it to yourself." So far, that was what pack life had taught her... She had no burning desire to advertise her past, but even the few private whisperings she'd admitted to had spread like wildfire, angering her relatives and making her feel despised in her new home. A harsh lesson.

"Easier... to breathe..." she repeated softly, exhaling slowly. Sometimes she did get far too nervous, and of course the more jittery one was, the harder it was to calm down again. Taking deep breaths was something she often forgot to try, but it was an easy way to soothe her nerves. "Th-thank you, Sankor," she chirped, pleased that he didn't appear to be annoyed. Her dainty paws padded alongside his as a small silence stretched between them, and then his rich voice spoke again. My dear, gorgeous eyes, little lady... He was lavishing her with compliments from every angle, but she really had no way of responding. "W-work on... 'that'. Work on what? What do I need to fix?" Naive blue eyes studied the big flirt, wondering what he was alluding to. Her being shy in general? That would take more than a few honeyed words to loosen up. If it was her stammer, well, she could try to focus more on her words. It only flared up when she got flustered, although admittedly Sankor flustered her more than most. The poor dear was in over her head...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread