this sky, too, is folding under you
[html]
300+

As the moments ticked by he grew more and more nervous that Ruri would not be the first person to find him here. The tip of his tail twitched and his eyes were glued to the house. The last thing he wanted was to face anymore rude or taunting words from that girl. He didn't know what her problem was, but she needed an attitude adjustment. His life was shit too, but you didn't see him taking it out on other people. Yeah, you just internalize everything and try to drink yourself into an early gave. That's much better, he thought with a frown. He missed who he was. He missed being happy and content and thinking that he could be whatever he wanted to be. He wanted that life back so badly but he didn't even know how to strive for it anymore.

Haven heard the door open and he crouched down even further. Though relief washed over him as he saw the slight form of the slate and ivory female. She looked better than she had when he had first met her, so that made him happy. At least one of them was improving. As she came in his direction and called for him he stood up, though his ears were still dipped. "Yeah, it's me. I'm right here." The Aatte kid had to admit he was surprised to see a smile on her face and her tail wagging in his presence. He had thought for sure that she would have been hurt by his leaving that day.

"Ruri...I'm sorry about leaving that day. It didn't have anything to do with you. I've...got a lot of problems and I just couldn't take that girl's abuse. I know it's a pathetic excuse..." It was all he could offer though. Hopefully she would understand. He swallowed past the uncomfortable lump in his throat. "How're you doing? You look better." Hopefully she was being treated better by this lot than he had been that day. Though even if she weren't, what could he do? It's not like he had any place to take her that would be better.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread