thread title missing
[html]

--

IC/OOC text separator

She knew little of the details, and she liked it that way. Like Skoll, she would always have the desire to stand up for what she believed was right. Unlike her elder, however, she chose to stay in the background only until it was absolutely necessary to step forward. It was better to fully assess a situation and get both sides of the story, and she didn't like to get involved in other people's business. (Obviously if she were directly and personally wronged, she would be much faster to retaliate.) Certain exceptions applied--anybody hurting a child would receive little sympathy from her, for instance. In general, though, she figured two adults could duke it out as they pleased--who was to say they didn't have a good reason for it? She personally believed that most conflicts could be resolved with either apathy or words, but she knew not everybody else was so rational or uncaring. Senseless violence had to be countered with calculated violence for both the sake of the individual and the sake of the species. She also knew firsthand that calculated senseless violence was the worst of all.
As such, a meek smile flavoured with a slight grimace was her response to his words--she knew he would do what he had to, and more importantly, that he would be fine. It was strange how things could just work out--she always appreciated that she had to do nothing to make the sun rise every day. Unfortunately, life sometimes required some amount of effort. Her furnace would not magically teleport itself into the right position. She visibly perked forward at his offer of assistance--she knew she would need help, but she still felt uncertain that she ought to be hassling him with such trivial things. "The only real issue is that it is very heavy, and far enough from where it needs to be," she explained. "I already have a dolly--er, that is something with wheels to make the transport easier--but I can't get it onto the dolly by myself." She peered at him hopefully--this was where he would come in. One more detail, just to be fair: "It's in that old human park. Even once it's on the dolly, I suspect it will take me a week to get it back to the greenhouse."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread