this sky, too, is folding under you
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

400+

The fragile optime turned her head in the direction of the male's voice. Now she knew where he was. Taking a few steps closer, she listened to the troubled young man explain his actions from the other day. She shook her head and smiled reassuringly, even going so far as to let loose a light-hearted laugh at the mention of Svara's rough words. "You don't need to be sorry, Haven," she began, her soprano voice chiming with an understanding tone. "She was mean to you the other day. I was too shaken by the situation to say anything, but normally I wouldn't just stand idly by while someone verbally abused another individual, especially someone who didn't deserve it." She nodded, her blue eyes wandering aimlessly. "I hope you don't mind if I sit down," she stated before slowly lowering herself to the ground, her hands feeling the earth beneath her to make sure she didn't land on a rock. "I'm a bit tired," she confessed, her warm tone of voice taking a downturn to one of embarrassment.

Haven had asked how she was doing and she smiled once more. It was nice to have someone ask, even if she was not feeling particularly well at the moment. "I..." the slate and white girl hesitated momentarily, wondering if she should tell Haven about her nightmares, "I've been unable to sleep very much since I came here." The mongrel femme gave a deep, sad sigh before continuing. "I don't mean to put a damper on this conversation. I like having someone to talk to," she apologized, before continuing with her reply to his question, "I've been having nightmares, about the shipwreck. It's like the entire thing replays in my head, but differently. Sometimes, I feel Jac trying to pull me back up to the surface of the water, but he can't. Then I wake up. Other times, I'm above water and Jac's calling for my help, but I can't do anything because I can't tell where he is in the water." The slender adolescent had begun to cry about half way through her description of her dreams. Her odd ears folded back against her head as she wiped her tears and tried to speak. "I'm sorry...I shouldn't have brought that up," she sniffed. "Let's talk about you...how have you been lately?" She tried to change the subject in order to calm herself. The less she had to dwell on her bad dreams the better of she would be.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread