aces high.
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ltable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Unsurprisingly, the eagerness in the young Zana had only slightly improved since their first meeting, but that had been a few months back. Gaël had little experience with children, but what he did know was that they grew up fast and matured late, or so it seemed in the case of Heath (who was still as terribly reckless as he had been in his early months). She had grown a bit, though, and Gaël was afraid to admit to himself that it had indeed taken a second glance in order to recognize her, even if the recognition process was close to immediate. It took a pup to have untrained eyes in matters of hybrids and species, for the big-boned yearling was indeed of two different bloods... however, it also took a pup to point out the obvious when it was true. He looked like no coyote.

Of course, that didn't mean he liked it that way. "Dey would 'ave been proud of my mudder," he said, ears flicking back against his skull as he recalled what few months they had been lucky to spend with her. Memories were foggy, of course, and despite the efforts of the Aube de Musique clan, Gaël and his siblings had grown up primarily without parental figures. They were misguided and hurt growing up, leading to the darkness that stirred within all three, but it seemed his younger siblings had shaped into creatures much more brooding than he. Aurelie had been a good coyote, if it could be said; she was a wonderful mother despite the children she hadn't expected to have, and she fought the good fight. Inferni would have welcomed her strength for sure... a strength that Gaël hoped to one day possess in turn. "She was a coyote... And my fahder was a mixture of wolf and coyote." And somehow, unlike his siblings, Gaël had managed to resemble the one third that shamed the rest.

Zana wasted no time, evidently, and sent out some ear-shattering squeal in excuse for a howl despite the argument Gael made against it. His tail tucked between his legs and he frowned, fearing the worst. A moment's hesitation passed cowering as such before he breathed in deep, corrected his stance, and stood confidently once more, trying to mimic the strength he hoped to have inherited from Aurelie. He was part coyote, after all. He would have explained the whole story if he needed to. "I'm not a wolf," Gaël muttered, voice suddenly darker than before. Turquoise eyes peered down at her and immediately softened; she didn't know better. "I do not want to be a wolf," he finished, nearly downtrodden on the thought.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread