Improper Methods
[html]
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/ ... gyrkin.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: I figured I'd just have Rath play a part of Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton. It's one of my favorite songs, and it seemed like it would be well known enough that his father might have heard it somewhere in his lifetime. Anyway, sorry for the delay.

Words:462

The ruddy hued werewolf smiled as he wrapped his fingers around the guitar and took it from Mew's extended hand. When she informed him that it was not tuned, he immediately began to tune it out of habit. Kneeling, he rested the body of the guitar on his knee to support it before gently plucking the low E string. Carefully, he adjusted the knob on the head stock of the guitar that corresponded with that string, turning it to calibrate the tone of the string. He was almost painfully cautious in doing this, as he did not want to accidentally break one of the instrument's strings. However, the tall male found that the guitar was not as far out of tune as Mew might have thought. After tuning the lowest string to it's proper sound, Rath repeated the same process with the rest of the strings in an upward ascending order from lowest to highest. This took him approximately two or three minutes to do, and when he was finished he strummed the guitar to make sure the strings had been tuned correctly. "There that should do it,"he announced, smiling at the white wolfess before him. "Now, let's see if I can remember one of those old human songs my father taught me," he thought out loud, his gooseberry green eyes turning to his left hand, which was wrapped around the neck of the guitar. Since he was out of practice he would have to watch his fingers a little more often than usual, to make sure they pressed the strings down on the right frets. His right hand would be a bit easier to manage, as all it had to do was pluck the strings in the proper order.

The pony-tailed male thought for a long while before finally beginning to play. His memory had been gracious enough to recall his favorite song, one which his father had told him was called, 'Tears in Heaven.' He had never understood why such a pleasing song would have such a sad name, but it did not matter at present. His fingers worked in tandem as he played the melody on the guitar. It was not a particularly long song, only three verses, but Rath decided to only play the melody for the first verse. So, about a minute later, Rath plucked the final note to the tune and stood back up, handing the guitar to Mew. "It really is a wonderful instrument. I'm sorry if I messed up when I was playing...I'm probably more out of practice than I thought," he apologized, smiling nervously. Had he done too much by actually playing a song? Had the musically talented woman liked it? These questions and more swam through the naturally nervous male's mind.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread