It's alright ma (I'm only bleeding)
[html]

Anu never found it hard to look at him, for every time she did so she saw the love that had been shared between she and Naniko. She saw the moments of his birth, the pride of his first steps and the happiness his imagination and bravery brought to her heart. Never would she feel any pain, not when she looked upon the boy that brought her heart so much joy. Anu wished to share that with him, pour that into his own heart. But she knew that he could not accept that from her, he needed to find that on his own. He needed to gather that beyond the reaches of his family, where the memory was so fresh and real.

Blue eyes blinked, and she felt the moisture of tears against her fur. So much had been lost since winters end, but Anu would not believe that he was lost. He only needed distance, or at least her heart hoped. At his words Anu reframed from pushing away to see his face, knowing that sorrow would be written on it. She could sense the unhappiness in his decision, he hadn’t made light of the choice but thought it through. She knew her son, and knew that he had thought deeply with every decision.

But it broke her heart.

I know Haven. She had wanted to run away too, many times. Her commitment had made her stay, and she knew the pain that would be felt if he did too. Her tears could be heard in her voice, deep and broken. I’m always here. A promise that was forged so long ago, what seemed like ages. Anu had to express it to make it real, revive it from its slumber. She found it hard to breath, while the idea of life without her son became true. It was too real already, and she held him in her arms. Don’t go too far, please. The mother begged.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread