Everything is backwards
[html]

Alexey was just about ready to give up. She’d spent countless hours searching for the pups and now that she was so close to her goal, Emwe barely acknowledged her. The odds were against her in more ways than one. How was she supposed to snatch an unwilling child away from someone he obviously cared about? She couldn’t do it. The husky was supposed to be the kidnapper, not the other way around. The pudgy child was stuck in a gray zone, unable to choose between black and white. Regardless of his choice, Lexey would not make the decision for him. If the child did not return home with her, then she’d send the Lillium himself to retrieve his precious bundle.

Little Emwe peeped up and answered the man’s questions before she even had time to react. The Dahlian femme simply added the following, obviously annoyed with how things were turning out. “You’re telling him stories about Conor getting eaten by bears? Wow, that’s real mature of you. And no, I wouldn’t know the answer to those questions. How could I? I didn’t get a chance to because you took those kids away from us.” Her tone of voice was low and shaky, but the disdain enveloping her every word was more than noticeable. “Mommy and daddy are worried about you, Emwe.” A lie. Firefly seemed unbelievably nonchalant about her children’s disappearance, but he didn’t need to know that. The Lillium was looking for them though, and Lexey often found herself wondering if he actually missed them.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread