Times of Healing
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

With her half-folded ears lying flat against her skull, Ruri listened to Heath's words. Even through her tears and occasional sobs, she could detect the sincerity in his responses. It was almost as if he himself had experienced emotional problems that gave him the ability to encourage her. Regardless of whatever gave him such insight, the slate and ivory dog felt very comforted. Wiping her tears, the girl turned and directed her attention to the strange male. Did he really think she was strong? She knew Jac was far stronger than she ever could be, the fact that he had helped her so much throughout her life gave strong evidence of that. Not once had she ever considered herself a strong individual. "Do you really mean that?" she asked in disbelief, her head twisted slightly to the side in confusion. "My friend is strong...I know that much, but to even try to draw a comparison between myself and him seems a bit extreme."" She giggled, something she had not done for what felt like ages, at the idea of comparing herself to Jacquez. He was a king, and she was his loyal confidant and follower. That was the way it had always been. Of course, he treated her more like a younger sibling than a subject, but still he was obviously more spectacular than she was in all respects. Still, she did feel quite flattered that Heath had said something so nice. "Thank you...for being so understanding, Heath. I've been lucky to have met nice people the entire time I've been in these lands. Each one of them has tried to help me get through this; but you said something that has made me feel the best I've felt in days. Thank you very much." Of course, she barely knew the male, but she wanted to make sure he knew how much she appreciated his help. He had no obligation to try and encourage a complete stranger, and yet he had done so without hesitation. The slender female was incredibly appreciative of that.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread