thread title missing
[html]
cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... rs/Amarant

h1.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-

position:bottom; border:1px solid black;">

Set near Rabbit Lake. Sorry it's (very!) short, I wanted to get it done tonight but I've been studying for a midterm all night. Feel free to assign identities to any herbs she's gathered, she's just picking anything interesting.

---

It was a long run from what Amaranth was told was "home," but the view was well worth it. The lake - rabbit lake, someone had said - was as picturesque as it had been described to her, but it wasn't even the reason she came. The copper-tinted gray wolf bent her head down in a clearing by the lake, sniffing at all the strange plants. A few she recognized, though they smelled slightly different than the ones she had used before. One made her sneeze the first time she came near it, and she avoided it from that point onward.

Amaranth began selecting a few of the plants - some foreign, some familiar - for further research. Cursing her lack of Dawali's paws (so dextrous, so imminently... useful!) or anything of the sort, she set to work tugging the plants out of the ground with her teeth, trying to do as little damage to the stalks as possible. Several leaf-less roots were left in the ground due to her clumsiness, but over a short period of time she amassed quite a stock of mostly-whole plants. These she piled neatly, the bases of their stems aligning for easy collection later.

Resolving not to let the scenery go to waste, Amaranth walked slowly towards the lake, carrying her precious gatherings gingerly in her mouth. She was not relishing the idea of the run back to the packla - tribelands, she reminded herself - after so few days' rest in her new home, but at least she could take a bit of a break here. It was with mixed awe for the scenery and dread for the run ahead that she knelt to drink from the lake, savoring its 'warm' taste after her recent experience with spring water. With a sullen glance back towards the clearing, Amaranth resolved to return shortly for more of the plants. There were simply too many to carry at once, not without those strange-but-wonderful paws.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread