Skeleton Me, Love don't Cry
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... pupban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
500+

She nodded quietly as Mati stated that she knew she was safe here. That was incredibly important to the Lt. General. What kind of pack were they if even the youngest members didn't feel safe within their borders? She had endangered their security once, and still sometimes cursed herself for her stupidity. Yet thankfully nothing had ever happened. Perhaps the coyote had never told his superiors about the run in. Still, she knew better than to go anywhere near Inferni. The risk of running into Hybrid again was far too great and she had so much to lose. She couldn't do that to the pack. Most importantly she couldn't do that to her children or Kansas.

The words her niece spoke could have come from her own mouth two years ago. Ehno had been going through his own sort of personal crisis, though nothing quite so bad as the Aatte boy. They had never had a father or a father figure. While Amata had done more than any of them could have asked for, it had taken a toll on Ehno. He had left to find himself and to figure his life out. Savina had understood, but had worried about his safety. Who knew what kind of dangers lurked outside their little corner of the world? "I understand exactly what you're feeling. It may take a while, but eventually you'll find a balance and be able to go on with your life without worrying too much. Though you'll always worry some," she said with a smile.

The dark woman could only imagine how much it hurt for Haven to separate himself from his home and his family. He had loved this place, you only had to look at the light in his eyes to see that. Then there was his family. His bond with Mati was unbelievably close and she knew he loved both Anu and Naniko with all his heart. He was traveling a tough road, though he would come out of it for the better. She had faith in that. "I know it does, and I know it has to hurt him to. He wouldn't decide to do something like this lightly. He must feel like he has to do this." None of this would make the hurt go away, but maybe it would help her to understand.

Savina sighed lightly at her niece's question. "I did something very foolish." She had been in much worse shape than Mati after that incident, both physically and emotionally. Or maybe the younger girl was just better at hiding her pain. "A coyote from Inferni did awful things to a good friend of mine. When I found out I was so angry and went after the coyote. I don't remember what all happened, but I was hurt pretty bad. My friend found me and distracted the coyote, otherwise I might not have made it home." She had come close to death that day and had risked throwing away everything she held dear.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread