Times of Healing
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

Sorry for the sucky reply. It was a bit rushed

The slender girl listened calmly to Heath's answer to her question. He'd been brooding over his father? The sensitive female slightly away from the male, only for a brief moment while she gathered her thoughts. "I'm sorry about the situation between you and your father. I unfortunately can't say I relate much...my parents abandoned me when I was very young. I don't even remember my father," she replied, shrugging in a dismissive manner when she mentioned her own father. It was true that she hadn't known him well, but if he had been heartless enough to allow his mate to dump his helpless daughter in the wilderness because of a disability then she had no reason to remember him at all. Turning back in the direction of Heath's presence, she nodded and smiled reassuringly. It had been her hope that her mention of her own parents might have helped Heath forget about his father for a moment.

Perhaps it would be best to change the subject again...although at this point in time the blind girl could think of nothing to ask. She had been the one to divulge her personal story to the male, not the other way around. She did not know enough to ask. THe male had mentioned siblings, but her intuition told her that perhaps his family wasn't the best conversational topic if she wanted to get to know him better, and she did want to get to know him. It was a commonplace for Ruri to want to learn as much about friendly people that she met. Her intense fear of abandonment, meant that the more people she made friends with, the more people she could turn to if she was feeling lonely. Being separated from Jacquez, her closest, dearest friend, was traumatizing her still, although her conversation with Heath was helping to keep her mind off of that situation for the moment.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread